PLASMA SKIN TIGHTENING
Plasma Skin Tightening is an advanced procedure which works by helping your skin to revive natural levels of the Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid, and Fibronectin needed for fresh, youthful skin. It will give you youthful results with an up to 60 minute procedure. Once you heal, you will have visibly smooth skin and rid yourself of those stubborn wrinkles.
Plasma Skin Tightening is able to treat a number of imperfections without any actual cutting of the skin. It can be used for:
Eyelid reconstruction, including resolving baggy lower eyelids and excess upper eyelid skin
Skin imperfections and benign lesions, including skin tags and sunspots
Improvement in the appearance of scarring, including post-surgery scars, acne scars
This treatment is not suitable for everyone. It is imperative to know your ideal clients and inform them of all risks associated with the treatment. Contraindications include:
- The client should be in good health at the time of the appointment, with no preexisting health conditions. If the client displays signs of cold or flu the treatment should be rescheduled.
- Clients skin should not be inflamed in the area we are treating prior to procedure.
- Clients prone to keloid scars are not ideal candidates.
- Clients with diabetes, healing disorders or lymphatic draining issues should not undergo treatment.
- Clients with a sunburn/sun tan should postpone treatment.
- Clients who have a history of Hyperpigmentation are not ideal candidates.
- The area to be treated should not have undergone any previous medical treatment or cosmetic laser treatment. (not including botox)
- The client must not display any tanning at the time of the treatment.
- The client must not display Herpes Simplex Virus (Cold sores/Fever blisters). Your client will need to reschedule their appointment if they are experiencing an outbreak. You will need to be very specific with this question as when you are working in and around the lip area this will likely trigger an outbreak on anyone who has ever experienced the virus. If they have experienced Herpes Simplex Virus (Cold sores/Fever blisters) in the past they must see their Medical Doctor and obtain a prescription for Valtrex and begin taking it 3 days before treatment and for 4 days following treatment.
- If the client wears a pace-maker avoid treatment with electrical arcing as the currents may disrupt the rhythem of their device.
- Do not treat Clients who are pregnant or breastfeeding. They are not ideal candidates.
- Clients with Eyelash extensions receiving upper or lower eyelid treatment should have lashes removed prior to treatment and reapplied after 8 weeks.
- This treatment is only recommended on Fitzpatrick Scales 1-3 . Anyone past this scale is at risk for Hyperpigmentation.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
As Plasma Skin Tightening is more than a simple tightening treatment, skin is actually removed, so the effects should last as long as they would with invasive surgery. Like all surgical and cosmetic procedures, the effects of plasma treatment are not entirely permanent as it does not stop any further ageing. But, the positive results should last you years depending on the area treated. The positive effects of treatment will be noticeable immediately after the first treatment, but the best results will be seen after 4 weeks. For some, an additional treatment may be required after 6 weeks for maximum results.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS ARE REQUIRED?
The number of treatments required will vary according to the condition being treated, skin’s laxity, the desired degree of correction and the individual’s response to the treatment. Most clients see results instantly and this continues to improve over the course of the following 2-4 weeks. Further treatments can be carried out to get better results, although it is uncommon to require more than two treatments. Appointments must be spaced out 6-8 weeks.
Click below to see the prices and make your appointment!